Author Guest Post
1. Hubby has a serious addiction to his snooze button, even on weekends. (Does he think the kids sleep past seven???) When he’s gone, I’m woken by “Good morning, Mommy” and sweet, sleepy cuddles. Much better than BEEP BEEP BEEP!!!
2. No calls at 5:30 to say he’ll be home for dinner when I was just planning on feeding the kids leftovers while I munched on cereal... and wine.
3. I don’t have to hear, “Ooops, got called into a last-minute meeting and won’t be home until late” after I dragged all three kids to the store to surprise hubby with a nice meal. (okay the second part of this doesn’t happen very often... well, it only happened once- but that was enough.)
4. When hubby is gone, I put the kids to bed and ... that’s it. They’re in bed and they stay there.
5. No, “Hon, can you keep the kids quiet? I have to make some calls for work.” He might as well wave a red flag to a trio of bulls because all of a sudden my kids are loud, rambunctious animals I have to tame so he can appear professional.
6. The TV isn’t automatically switched to Sportscenter every time I leave the room.
7. No one is around to poke fun of my trashy, reality TV addiction. How many times must I explain my insatiable fascination with the Real Housewives? And yes, I realize that I’m losing brain cells every minute that I’m sucked into the Theresa vs. everyone else on RHNJ- but I love every ridiculous minute.
8. When I go upstairs after cleaning the kitchen- it’s still clean in the morning. Enough said.
9. This one might be TMI but all you wives know it’s true- I’m never annoyed that a certain someone gets to read in the bathroom for ages- time when NO ONE can interrupt him... Meanwhile I can’t even shave both of my legs without a child poking their head through the shower door. “Whatcha doing Mommy? Can I help? Can I?”
10. By not being with us all the time, hubby goes out of his way to be fully present whenever he is home . Take all the kids to Costco on a Saturday? “Sure.” Take our oldest to his football game at eight am. “Love to.” And my personal favorite- “Honey, I’ve missed you. Let’s get a sitter and have a date night.”
About The Author
Meltdown by Tara Thompson ~ Virtual Book Tour Page: Chick Lit Plus Blog Tours
Meltdown by Tara Thompson
Publisher: Independent Self Publishing
Publication Date: December 5, 2012
Format: eBook - 325 pages / Kindle - 531 KB / Nook - 820 KB
Genre: Chick Lit / Contemporary Romance / Women's Fiction
BUY THE BOOK: Meltdown
Disclaimer: I received a copy of the book from the author in exchange for my honest review and participation in a virtual book tour event hosted by Chick Lit Plus Blog Tours.
STEVE, handsome hometown hero and soon-to-be Governor of Texas. Unfortunately he’s already married. As Steve publicly dumps his perfect, former Miss Texas wife for Hollywood’s latest ‘It’ girl, his state faces the biggest financial crisis since the Great Depression. Will he be able to turn things around, or is he too embroiled in his political sex scandal? His good friend and business partner....
DEMETRI, sexy hedge fund manager, is at the top of his professional game and tries to save his friend from near financial ruin. Yet he’s distracted by Steve’s new girlfriend, who just happens to be Demetri’s old flame. Years ago, Nyssa ran from him and he’s never forgotten her. But why is he still interested? Demetri’s dating....
AISLINN, a woman as brilliant as she is beautiful. Enjoying all the perks of having a billionaire boyfriend, she’s falling fast for Demetri and has no idea that she might be the one getting played. Although she bets big on Wall Street, the largest casino in the world, nothing is more risky than giving her heart away.
In this fun, juicy, glamorous novel, no one is exactly who they appear to be... And all of them are heading for a MELTDOWN.
Who will rise from the ashes?
My Book Review:
In Meltdown, Author Tara Thompson weaves a riveting tale that transports the reader into the fascinating world of fashion, finance and politics as four people's lives intertwine when their pasts collide with the present.
Nyssa, Steve, Demetri and Aislinn come from diverse backgrounds, each of their journeys are filled with intriguing pasts some troubled, some privileged ... each dealing with conflicts and aspirations interwoven within acquiring power, prestige and romance.
With the backdrop of Greece, NYC and Texas, the reader enters the drama filled world of fashion, financial crises of Wall Street, and political/sexual scandals in Texas government as they follow the characters' storylines in an alternating fashion that includes flashbacks to their pasts. With a mixture of scintillating betrayal, scandal and romance, the suspenseful twists and turns and obstacles that the characters have to overcome will keep the reader turning the pages.
I loved the complexity of each character, the diversity of their backgrounds, and the flashback into their pasts that made them the people they became was fascinating to me. The author provides the reader with an intriguing look into the world of fashion, finance and politics, there is enough action, suspense and romance interwoven that keeps the reader's interest. Who doesn't love reading about the glitter and power that comes with the beautiful, rich and famous? If you scratch below the surface of their individual successes, you'll discover that not everything is what it appears to be.
Meltdown is a fast-paced and entertaining story of romance and suspense that will leave you satisfied in the end.
RATING: 4 STARS ****
Virtual Book Tour Contest Giveaway
Win A $20 Amazon Gift Card
Contest Dates: June 24 - July 15, 2013
Everyone who leaves a comment on Meltdown by Tara Thompson ~ Virtual Book Tour Page: Chick Lit Plus Blog Tours will be entered to win a $20 Amazon gift card! Anyone who purchases their copy of Meltdown before July 15 and sends their receipt to Samantha@ChickLitPlus.com, will get five bonus entries.
Virtual Book Tour Schedule
June 26 – Amie’s Reviews – Review
June 26 – Bite My Book – Guest Post & Excerpt
June 27 – Michelle’s Book Nook – Guest Post
June 28 – Step Into Fiction – Guest Post
June 28 - Amie's Reviews - Guest Post
July 1 – Keep Calm & Blog On – Review
July 2 – Samantha March – Q&A & Excerpt
July 6 - Karma For Life Chick – Review
July 7 – Lavender & Camomile Press – Excerpt
July 8 – Storm Goddess Book Reviews – Review & Q&A
July 11 – Chick Lit Goddess – Review
July 15 – Jersey Girl Book Reviews – Review, Guest Post & Excerpt