Author Guest Post
10 Things People Would Be Surprised To Know About Me
1. I love romantic comedies. Love, love, love them! I know they are silly and unrealistic and not characteristic of real relationships but they make me all happy. I can’t get enough.
2. I also love revenge movies like Man On Fire, Italian Job and Count of Monte Cristo.
3. I once boxed a girl in a bar for money. I won $50.00.
4. I studied martial arts for 10 years and used to teach children. It was awesome.
5. My favorite class in my graduate program (which was in Curriculum & Instruction) was School Law.
6. I have all 10 seasons of the show Friends and whenever I am feeling bummed out, I watch some of them. I don’t know why but that show cheers me up. My favorite seasons are 5 and 8.
7. My feet are always freezing. I frequently steal my husband’s giant man-socks and wear them over top of my own socks.
8. I don’t eat lettuce. It doesn’t agree with my stomach. So in salads I substitute fresh spinach.
9. My favorite book as a child was Sesame Street Grover’s The Monster At The End of This Book—it scared the crap out of me every time and yet I wanted to read it again and again!
10. I hate cooking but I love to bake.
About The Author
Lisa is a member of Sisters In Crime. She has a Bachelor’s Degree in English and Master of Education Degree from Bloomsburg University. She lives in Philadelphia with her husband and daughter.
Her third novel, Hold Still was published in late March 2014!
AMAZON AUTHOR PAGE
Hold Still by Lisa Regan
Publisher: Self Independent Publishing / Thomas & Mercer
Publication Date: March 16, 2014
Format: Paperback - 396 pages
Kindle - 1205 KB
Nook - 2 MB
Genre: Crime Fiction / Murder / Mystery / Thriller
BUY THE BOOK: Hold Still
Disclaimer: I received a copy of the book from the author in exchange for my honest review and participation in a virtual book tour event hosted by Goddess Fish Promotions.
My Book Review:
In Hold Still, author Lisa Regan weaves an intense, gritty, and suspenseful crime thriller that will captivate the reader's attention from the start, and take them on an exhilarating roller coaster ride as the story unfolds with every intriguing twist and turn.
Philadelphia Police Detective Jocelyn Rush investigates a vicious series of sexual assaults on the city's prostitutes when Anita Grant, a former prostitute and acquaintance from Jocelyn's past, requests to only talk to her after being sexual assaulted and tortured by three men who had crucified her hands and feet with nails to the floor in a condemned house. The investigation reveals that the vicious sexual attacks on the prostitutes have been occurring going back four years. And if that isn't enough, dark family secrets and a traumatic past resurfaces and haunts Jocelyn, but the only way to solve the case and bring the sadistic criminals to justice is for her to deal with the past before danger comes her way.
Hold Still is a riveting crime thriller that engages the reader to follow Jocelyn as she investigates the vicious sexual assault cases and deals with the resurfacing of her family's dark past. The reader can't help but get caught up in the gritty suspense and partake in trying to guess the identity of "Face," the third evil and most dangerous of the criminals. The author weaves an intense and chilling page turner of a tale with clever clues, intriguing twist and turn, and with enough vivid and rich descriptions of the violent acts and the detailed investigation that easily keeps the reader sitting on the edge of their seat.
I would be remiss if I didn't mention that the author does an awesome job of providing the reader with a detailed description of the various sections of Philadelphia and its local landmarks.
Hold Still is a gritty dark crime fiction novel with enough violence, suspense, thrills and chills that will easily hold the reader's attention. It is definitely a must read for the diehard crime thriller fan.
RATING: 4 STARS
Author Lisa Regan will be awarding an eCopy of Hold Still to five randomly drawn commenters during the tour and a print book of Hold Still to five randomly drawn commenters (US & Canada ONLY).
A grand prize of a $50 Amazon Gift Card will be awarded to one randomly drawn commenter during the tour.
Follow the tour and comment; the more you comment, the better your chances of winning.
The tour dates can be found here:
Virtual Book Tour Schedule