Author Guest Post
10 Things You Might Not Know About The Average Girl
• Many of the celebrity meetings in The Average Girl were inspired by real experiences my friends and I have had living in Los Angeles over the years. However, our run-ins were truly accidental. We didn’t have anyone orchestrating them for us.
• Olivia Fowler, the main character in The Average Girl, and Angelina Goode, the author, have one thing in common. They both flounder helplessly when in front of their one, favorite celebrity. But that's where the similarities end.
• Alexander Young, the romantic lead in The Average Girl, is a combination of several celebrities. Can you figure out who’s eyes he has? Who’s hair he has? Who’s smile he has?
• The most common question people ask about The Average Girl is if Olivia’s job really does exist. The answer is… Not as far as I know. Wouldn’t it be fun if it did?
• Inspiration for The Average Girl was drawn from being a long time fan of my generation’s boy band. The idea for this novel came after meeting them several times and seeing how different fans react to their own meetings with the guys in the band. Can you guess who the boy band is?
• Olivia’s idol, Brad Griffin, was modeled after a famous celebrity. I’m still not sure if that was on purpose or not. I’ll never tell who it is…
• It took five years to write The Average Girl. Most of it was written in the year before it was published.
• The Average Girl got a great review from Kirkus Reviews. They said, “An adorably sweet Tinseltown romance, perfect for a day at the LA beach.” Read more here: https://www.kirkusreviews.com/book-reviews/angelina-goode/the-average-girl/
• The vast majority of the book was written between 11pm and 3am. My husband always jokes that I should have been a third shift plant worker… or something less reputable that works the same night shift hours.
• All of the sites and locations that Olivia visits in The Average Girl actually exist, with the exception of Maurice’s Newsstand. The newsstand was modeled after one I used to visit as a teen to buy magazines.
About The Author
Angelina started gaining first-hand fan and celebrity experience as a devoted follower of her generation’s boy band. Her experience shifted in college when she interned in the promotions department for a Los Angeles based radio station and for the public relations department of a network television station. There she was able to learn about the ins and outs of promoting celebrities and all the backstage activities that are rarely seen by the public eye. She was also able to observe fans’ behavior from an objective perspective, seeing what it looks like to an outside observer.
Now she combines her experience as a loyal fan attending numerous concerts and meet and greets every year, her brief but educational stint in the entertainment industry, and a highly active imagination to create fiction for celebrity lovers of all ages.
Her latest book is the romantic comedy, The Average Girl.
The Average Girl by Angelina Goode
Publisher: Beach Blanket Publishing
Publication Date: July 1, 2015
Format: Paperback - 228 pages
Kindle - 1106 KB
ISBN: 978-0996176910ASIN: B00Z7JEPOG
Genre: Chick Lit / Romantic Comedy / Women's Fiction
Buy The Book:
Discuss this book at PUYB Virtual Book Club at Goodreads
Disclaimer: I received a copy of the book from the author / publisher in exchange for my honest review and participation in a virtual book tour event hosted by Pump Up Your Book.
Being average can lead to wonderful things…
Olivia Fowler, helper of the star-struck, runs a successful business helping average people meet celebrities in everyday ways. Flawless at what she does, the celebrities don’t have a clue they’re part of a pre-planned meeting. Business is booming and Olivia knows everything there is to know about Hollywood’s famous and their behavior. Her clients trust her because she is just like them, not famous.
But when Olivia accidentally meets the super-famous Alexander Young at the grocery store, her world is flipped upside-down. She can’t possibly resist those charming eyes and sexy arms. As their romance blossoms, Olivia learns she may not know as much as she thought she did about celebrities and their ways.
Then Olivia’s most important and loyal client requests to meet Alexander. Suddenly, Olivia is forced to choose between her love and her business. Will Olivia be able to keep her booming business a secret from her soon-to-be boyfriend? Will her clients still trust her if she is no longer the average girl?
My Book Review:
In The Average Girl, author Angelina Goode weaves an entertaining romantic comedy that follows Olivia Fowler as her business of helping star-struck clients meet their favorite Hollywood celebrities by chance in normal everyday encounters, suddenly develops a wrinkle when she unexpectedly bumps into actor Alexander Young in a grocery store. A cup of coffee leads to dates and attending a movie premiere, but what should Olivia do when a client wants to meet Alexander? What can an average girl do when her world is turned upside down, and she is faced with the decision to choose between love and business?
This is such a fun book to read, the author does a wonderful job of transporting the reader into the world of Hollywood celebrities and their star-struck fans. Who hasn't fantasized about meeting their favorite celebrity, let alone in a casual everyday setting? You can't help but get drawn into Olivia's story as she tries to balance her business and her romance with Alexander, especially when she keeps her business a secret from him. I was intrigued by her extensive research into the celebrities' lives and the different types of chance meetings that she arranged for her clients, that I would definitely use her services to meet my favorite celebrities!
The Average Girl is a well written lighthearted romantic comedy that has a wonderful mixture of romance and humor interwoven throughout the story. So if you are a fan of chick lit and romantic comedy novels that features the glitz and glamour of Hollywood seen through the eyes of an average girl, then this delightful book is a must read!
RATING: 5 STARS
Virtual Book Tour
Monday, February 1 – Interview & Tour Kick Off at The Literary Nook
Tuesday, February 2 – Character Interview at Pimp That Character!
Wednesday, February 3 – Interview at The Writer’s Life
Thursday, February 4 – Book Featured at Romantic Reads and Such
Thursday, February 4 – Book Review at Books, Reviews, ETC.
Thursday, February 4 – Book Featured at A Little Bit of R&R
Friday, February 5 – Interview at C.A. Milson’s blog
Monday, February 8 - Book Featured at Born to Read Books
Tuesday, February 9 – Book Featured at CBY Book Club
Wednesday, February 10 – Book Featured at Authors & Readers Book Corner
Thursday, February 11 – Guest Blogging at Confessions of an Eccentric Bookaholic
Monday, February 15 - Book Featured at Jody’s Book Reviews
Tuesday, February 16 – Book Featured at Bound 2 Escape
Wednesday, February 17 – Book Featured at 3 Partners in Shopping
Thursday, February 18 – Book Review at StoreyBook Reviews
Friday, February 19 – Book Review at Comfy Reading
Monday, February 22 – Book Review & Guest Blogging at Jersey Girl Book Reviews
Tuesday, February 23 – Guest Blogging at Lori’s Reading Corner
Wednesday, February 24 – Book Review at Ali-The Dragon Slayer
Thursday, February 25 – Book Review at Harlie’s Books
Thursday, February 25 – Book Review at Mary’s Cup of Tea
Friday, February 26 – Book Featured at Around the World in Books