Author Guest Post
Ten Surprising Things About Nicky Wells
So Kathleen asked me for a small interview with a difference—a kind of free style Q&A, as it were, to reveal a few things that perhaps you haven’t read about me on this blog before.
Without further ado, therefore, here are ten things that you might find surprising about me. And I’m brutally honest here.
1. I can’t swim, at least not in a save-my-life kind of way. If I feel in a lake, a river, or an ocean, I would most probably drown. You see, what happens is that I get water on my face and up my nose, I panic, I black out and I drown. In fact, passing out in the water was my party trick during swimming lessons at school.
2. I detest feet. Yes, I realise they’re jolly useful to walk on. But I just can’t stand the sight of them—especially if they have long unkempt toenails, ugh!—or the smell of them. I’m borderline podophobic. If my husband puts a foot anywhere near a pillow, I have to change the pillow case. If his feet have been near a sofa cushion, I won’t put my head on it. (NB: it’s not that my OH’s feet are stinky or unpleasant. I just don’t like feet.)
3. I once spent a night on a tour bus with a rock band. And that’s all I’ve got to say about that.
4. My favourite colour is blue. Most of the clothes in my wardrobe are blue. I’d paint my house blue if I were permitted.
5. I find it easier to write in English than in German, even though German is (notionally) my mother tongue.
6. I am terminally afraid of wasps. And guess what? They smell my fear, and they make a wasp-line straight for me. I reckon they recognise my voice, too. So, spheksophobic as well as podophobic. Ah well, we all carry our share of phobias. At least I can deal with spiders, confined spaces, darkness and other common fear-factors. Also I am most definitely not afraid of water, even though I can’t swim.
7. I sing. I sing all the time. I don’t sing well, but I sing. (In fact, I met my hubs whilst singing in a choir, but that’s a story for a different day). If I don’t sing, I hum. It can be quite embarrassing, especially on public transport. But if I’m happy, I’m liable to burst into song. And I’m a very happy person.
8. My favourite TV shows are Castle, Castle and Castle. Oh, and Person of Interest, The Mentalist, and Covert Affairs. And NCIS. Cheesy, I know, but I can’t help myself. We have this channel called 5USA over here that shows all sorts of American shows, and I’m addicted.
9. Even though I write romance, one of my own favourite genres to read is crime. In fact, I try to steal my rhythm and pace from crime novels. Favourite authors include Lee Child and David Baldacci.
10. I suck at playing Scrabble. Seriously, I always loose without fail. I know! I’m a professional wordsmith, but I couldn’t’ Scrabble my way out of a paperbag. Go figure!
11. (I know, I was only allowed ten points, but I needed a P.S.) 7 Years Bad Sex is NOT based on my life. My hubs and I are not afflicted by the predicaments described in the novel. Just, you know, for the record, in case you were wondering.
That was me. How about you?
About The Author
Ultimate rock chick author Nicky Wells writes romance with rock stars—because there’s no better romantic hero than a golden-voiced bad boy with a secret soft heart and a magical stage presence!
Nicky’s books offer glitzy, glamorous romance with rock stars—imagine Bridget Jones ROCKS Notting Hill! If you’ve ever had a crush on any kind of celebrity, you’ll connect with Nicky’s heroes and their leading ladies.
Born in Germany, Nicky moved to the United Kingdom in 1993 and currently lives in Lincoln with her husband and their two boys. Nicky loves listening to rock music, dancing, and eating lobsters. When she’s not writing, she’s a wife, mother, occasional knitter, and ad-hoc radio show presenter. Rock on!
Sophie’s Turn | Sophie’s Run | Sophie’s Encore | Spirits of Christmas | Fallen for Rock | Fairy Tale in New York | 7 Years Bad Sex
Join Nicky: Blog | Twitter | Facebook | Romantic Novelists’ Association | Sapphire Star Publishing | Amazon | Goodreads | Pinterest | Google+
Did you know? There’s a single out now by Nicky’s fictional rock band Tuscq come to life! “Love Me Better” is available for download from Amazon, iTunes and many other places.
7 Years Bad Sex by Nicky Wells
Publisher: Independent Self Publishing
Publication Date: May 14, 2015
Format: Paperback - 348 pages
Kindle - 570 KB
Genre: Romantic Comedy
Buy The Book:
Disclaimer: I received a copy of the book from the author in exchange for my honest review and participation in a virtual book tour.
A seven-years-bad-sex curse? Surely not! Yet something went wrong when rock singer Casey and drummer Alex got married on that beautiful yacht anchored off St Tropez in the south of France. Something went badly wrong. For even on their wedding night, the young couple discovers a complete and somewhat surprising inability to make love. Muddling through their honeymoon with a string of thin excuses for their predicament, the lovers defer finding a solution (and panicking) until the return to their home in London. After all, they married for life and to make rock music, not for the love of sex. Right?
But when they resume life as normal in London, all hell breaks loose. Increasingly frantic in their quest for release, the unhappy newlyweds embark on a string of hilarious and occasionally harmful antics that drives them, their band, and an assortment of random strangers to the brink of despair. But it ain’t over ‘til it’s over or, in this case… it ain’t over ‘til the newlyweds sing.
Says Nicky: This book came to me at a fancy dinner way back when in November 2013. It was a fairly drunken affair, and speeches were being made. We were all toasting each other and having fun. Then someone shouted at me. “You didn’t look at me. Argh! That means 7 Years Bad Sex.”
I don’t actually believe in curses, nor am I particularly superstitious. But at that precise moment, a story popped in my head in its entirety. The potential for entertainment with comic mishaps and other antics as a young couple tries to breathe life into their flagging romance was simply too delicious to ignore. And that’s how this book was born…
My Book Review:
What does a newly married couple do when their fairytale wedding turns into a honeymoon disaster with a curse of 7 years bad sex?
Rockers Casey and Alex have a fairytale wedding on a yacht in the Mediterranean Sea off the coast of St Tropez in the south of France, but when it comes to their wedding night, a strange curse befalls the honeymooners and they are unable to consummate their marriage. And if you think that is bad, the curse is 7 years bad sex ... oh hell no! From their honeymoon to their home in London, Casey and Alex try everything under the sun to break the curse with crazy antics and cosmic mishaps. Can this woefully sexless couple get their marital bed a rockin'?!
I am such a huge fan of rock chick piped piper author Nicky Wells, every story that she weaves is a delightful adventure that easily captivates my attention, and once again she has done that with her new romantic comedy, 7 Years Bad Sex!
If you are a fan of rock stars, romance, and comedy, then boy do I have a fabulous book for you! In 7 Years Bad Sex, author Nicky Wells aka Rock Chick pulls out all the stops and takes the readers on an exciting rock-n-roll adventure as they follow Casey and Alex on their madcap journey to get their sex life back and save their new marriage.
7 Years Bad Sex is an exciting romantic comedy that easily draws the reader into a hilarious tale that will keep you laughing out loud from beginning to end. You can't help but empathize with Casey and Alex when a strange curse befalls them on their honeymoon night, and continues when they get home. They try everything they can to break the curse in order to put the magical spark back into their sex life with crazy antics and mishaps that will keep you in stitches.
This witty tale about marital intimacy woes has a great mixture of humor, drama, and pent up romance, you can't help but feel compassion and hope for this couple who has such a deep bond of love for one another. Author Nicky Wells has a way of weaving a fun tale that keeps the reader engaged and wondering what will happen next, this is definitely one that you don't want to miss!
7 Years Bad Sex is a delicious romantic comedy that will keep the reader laughing and thoroughly entertained on a hot summer day!
RATING: 5 STARS