Author Guest Post
Facts and Fiction about Long Island, NY
Most of the time when people hear I’m from Long Island they think two things. One: Traffic and two: They hear in their head “Lawn Guyland.”
Well, today I’m going to tell you the facts and maybe dispel a few myths for you.
1) Fact, Long Island has traffic. Lots of it. Nassau County at rush hour is basically one very large parking lot. It’s okay, though. It offers us the opportunity to nap on the way home. J Okay, I’m kidding…but only a little bit, that’s the crazy part.
2) Fiction (kinda) There are only two counties. Well, geographically, there are four counties on Long Island, but Brooklyn and Queens are never included sine they’re part of New York City. So if someone says they’re from Long Island, you can rest assured they’re either from Nassau or Suffolk.
3) Fact, we have awesome beaches. Even though we are very close to the mainland, we are indeed an island, surrounded by water. Our beaches are as different as they are beautiful. On the north shore, the beaches are rocky, sometimes surrounded by high cliffs. The south shore is flat and sandy.
4) Fiction, we pronounce it Lawn Guyland. No…just, no. I have lived here all my life and I’ve met maybe three people who actually pronounce it this way and chances are they were from Queens, or from out of town. We do, however, pronounce coffee as cawfee, and dog doesn’t not rhyme with log here.
5) Fact, we have the best bagels and pizza. I'm not kidding. I've traveled. And while Chicago can give us a fair challenge in the pizza race (they still lose, IMO :) ) no place comes close to our bagels.
Long Island truly is a wonderful place to live. It is any wonder I decided to build my own town there? Come visit us in the fictional town of Seashore Cove and get a feel for what life is like living on Long Island.
About The Author
Maggie Van Well writes contemporary romance, sometimes with a supernatural twist. She lives on Long Island with her husband, four insane children (no idea where they get that from) and two entertaining Italian Greyhounds: Rosie, and Santa's Little Helper. She also has two ringed-neck doves, because, ya know, who doesn’t like getting woken up at two in the morning by cooing?
Maggie’s love of the ocean was her inspiration for the fictional seaside town of Seashore Cove. She’s addicted to café mochas, Godiva chocolate, and hidden object games.
Amazon Author Page
Book 2: Love and Laugh in Seashore Cove Series
Publisher: Booktrope Publishing
Publication Date: February 15, 2016
Format: Paperback - 282 pages
Kindle - 581 KB
Nook - 474 KB
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Buy The Book:
Barnes & Noble
Buy The Series: Love and Laugh in Seashore Cove Series
Book 1: Crazy Little Thing Called Matchmaking
Book 2: Angels In Seashore Cove
Barnes & Noble
Disclaimer: I received a copy of the book from the author / publisher in exchange for my honest review.
Two romances. One chance.
Back in college, Dianna Sheldon made a pledge to the Saving-It-Sisters, promising to save herself for “The One.” As her thirtieth birthday approaches, Dianna decides to break that pledge before she reaches that milestone. But she discovers that attempting to break a promise is not as easy as it seems, especially with her best friend, Sean, blocking her every step of the way.
Sean Donovan has always been a wild child, but Dianna always managed to keep him grounded. When she tells him she wants to lose her virginity, he makes it his mission to stop her from making a huge mistake.
Adriel is a guardian angel watching over his charges on Earth, Dianna Sheldon and Sean Donovan as they head down a path that will lead them away from each other — and their ‘happily ever after.’
So Adriel enlists the help of an archangel, Jude, to come up with a plan to save these two souls. They send down two rookies to nudge Dianna and Sean onto the right path, and in the interim, hopefully right a sixteen-year old wrong.
Book Excerpt Teaser:
My Book Review:
Angels In Seashore Cove is a wonderful romance story about finding true love with a little help from above.
Author Maggie Van Well weaves an entertaining tale set in Seashore Cove, Long Island, that follows the friendship to romance relationship between Dianna Sheldon and Sean Donovan.
Written with a nice balance of humor, emotion, and romance, the reader is easily drawn into Dianna and Sean's story. Longtime best friends, Dianna and Sean get a little help in discovering true love from guardian angel Adriel, archangel Jude, and two rookie angels, who try everything under their heavenly power to get them together!
Angels In Seashore Cove is an enjoyable and lighthearted romance tale that will keep the reader thoroughly entertained. You can't help but really like Dianna and Sean, I found myself laughing and cheering them on as their friendship to romance blossomed with some heavenly assistance. I would be remiss if I didn't mention that I loved the two rookie angels and their crazy antics, I found myself snickering as I turned the pages, bless their heavenly hearts.
Angels In Seashore Cove is the second book in the Love and Laugh in Seashore Cove series. Each book in the series can be a stand alone read.
RATING: 5 STARS